Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Magic Dreams - 1971

You lied to me so often
I thought of all you said
And felt the words you'd spoken
no - not the ones I'd read
For your voice called out from the pages
and ages went sailing by
In the arms of the night I was taken
Into the magic of your eyes
Words that enchanted me
and held me and led me
away on a dream
I lived for what I now don't remember
And no one will come in between

The adventures you led me on and the joys that you gave me
when I was so very, very young

Now - looking back on the horror
of those days, of the games/and the war/are two one?
And the innocent young men who laugh loudly at death till its grip chokes the laugh/from their breath/I wish/
Oh I wish I was back in the warmth
of your glowing words
and your wonderful mind

The day may come
The day has gone

Now my nights are lost in my mind in The Far Away Tree and The Famous Five/Oh Enid/are you still alive?/And my life will go on/and I don't mind/because of the pleasure you gave me / / / Rupert.

1971




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg famus 5 adventures! enid blyton! wow that brought back so many passionate moments where i was the hero of the adventure leading the team!