Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Alexander's First Birthday - 26th August 1999


For my first grandchild on his first birthday

What can I say to you Little One?
With mischievous eyes so full of fun
How can I express the joy that you give
My hopes for you and the life that you'll live?

Let me lay down my wishes and say
As you celebrate your first Birthday
I wish you a life that is filled with Light
That your values be Just and you do what is Right

I wish for you a life of good deeds
To harvest fruit where others reap weeds
That you love your parents as they both love you
Without any conditions and whatever you do

For your Mother, my daughter who is dear to my heart
Was the vessel that held you till you made your start
And your Father has ensured you a comfortable life
One that will be free of material strife

So be thankful dear Alex for such a fortunate birth
Make a positive difference with your time on this Earth
I hope you will gain Wisdom as you grow in years
That your life's filled with laughter and very few tears

So, today is a milestone, you are on your way
And we all take great pleasure in your Special Day
We look forward to sharing so much with you
Wherever you are and whatever you do

It was with Love that I started, it's with Love I will end
For Love is a foundation on which families depend
And I pray for you to the good Lord above
That your life is blessed with Joy and much Love

God Bless

Grandad

No comments: