Monday, October 08, 2007

Moving ~ written 29 April 1979

Such an age I have been here with my wife and my kids
Ten years of our lives have we shared in this home
The fights and the laughter, the tantrums and tears
Our hopes for the future, our ambitions and fears
Parties and friends, family and loved ones have all been
Oh Lord what will happen, will it all start again?

And now we are moving away from Croft Heys
A place where we've spent some beautiful days
We've seen movement of people and the growing of trees
And of children, now taller who were once round my knees
Neighbours who've turned into wonderful friends
Whom I'll always care for until my life ends

Soon, this haven, where we first made our start
Will be a fond memory, locked away in my heart
To be treasured forever like the most precious of pearls
And shared with my family, two boys and three girls
In hope we'll draw closer as time presses on
The perfection I seek is that we'll all be as one

To love one another and share a good life
With friendships progressing and memories to savour
I look forward with sorrow of the path we shall take
But with hope for the future and of what we will make
Of our lives and our living down at Church Lane
Oh Lord give me this happiness all over again.

No comments: